Pages

Monday 21 September 2015

My first rugby match

Walking to school knowing that today was my first  ever rugby game . Scared and nervous of what’s going to happened . The truth is its because I really didn't know how to play . Running to the team asking who’s nervous for this big day everybody seemed to be nervous so I was okay with that .

Once we left the school grounds all the girls were talking about how excited they were to play . I felt left out because I was the only one who didn't really know the game properly . sitting  down still as if I was a stature . I was really scared for this big day wishing I had never came to this rugby game .

As soon as we got to the field , All the teams were already there warming up for their first game . Watching them made more pressure on me  I just wanted all the games over and done with . While we were waiting we decided to do some drills to warm us up and ready for our first game .

Starting our first game against Viscount was a big match . We really wanted to win so we put all our energy into this game . Getting ready for the first kick hoping  that the ball won't come my way .  Catching the ball and running toward the player slowly made my butterflies slip away . losing the first game wasn’t the result we wanted but at least we put all our might into it .

Overall we felt al right losing 2 games and winning 3 . I felt happy because we didn’t give up on any of our games but the thing is we all tried our best to come into the top three . Our team went back to school with pride in us knowing that we were all happy and we tried our best even tho we didn’t get the result we wanted .

No comments:

Post a Comment