Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Cross Country

Cross Country

At the start of the day it was bright and sunny. We were standing at the start line getting ready to run. Butterflies were twirling around my stomach . Standing still with fear all over me wondering what I would come.

“Bang!”.We started jogging as  slowly as a snail.Still scared and nervous as if I was coming last . As I was half way I had sweat all over my face . Seeing other girls tired and stopping made more pressure on me , I felt like stopping but I wanted to push myself.

As I was close to doing my second lap , I stopped with pain in my legs and arms . I felt tired as if I had  been running for 10 minutes . I walked slowly to the gate getting ready to run again. I started running again pushing myself to not stop as I was running past a big crowed .

I felt tired wishing it was already over . I had to stop . I stop with anger in me wishing I was really fit . As I was  getting closer to the finish line I had happiness and joy in me .

Overall I was happy because I pushed myself to the finish line . I was exhausted but I am still glad that I went past the finish line not coming last . I Had a great time trying my best in the cross country run .

1 comment:

  1. Linah I am so proud of you for pushing forward and finishing your race! I really like that you used some figurative language in your recount "as slowly as a snail." Remember what we talked about in class yesterday regarding the spaces between your last word in a sentence and the full stop.

    ReplyDelete