Pages

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Athletics

Athletics Day

I woke up feeling pleasant and enthusiastic . Why you may ask well its because we had athletics . I quickly brushed my teeth and got ready for school.  Walking to school I was thinking in my head ‘’ do we have athletics’’? . Rain was pouring down I had a feeling that athletics will be cancelled.

Once we were at school we checked the time and it was only 8 o'clock. We went walking around getting prepared for athletics. My hands were shaking as if I was a bowl of jelly   , I felt nervous with butterflies flying around my stomach.  

After morning tea the whole school came to the courts to get everything prepared for the day. The  sun was shining down , I felt like  I was  getting  cooked in a pan. Mr Burt talk to us and then we had to say our prayer for the day.

First thing we done was softball throw . I was glad that it wasn't shot put or discus.
Finally it was my turn . I threw  the ball and it went far . I was really happy because that was my first time throwing a ball really far.

After we finished throwing the ball we went to relays. First thing we had to do was sit in your colour houses. I was sitting in Matatua. ‘’On your marks , get set, go’’ Moe ran fast down and back up. We all done teamwork and manage to finish first.  We had a little break because we were all  really tired. After our break we had to go to the next  course.

We went to shot put and I had butterflies all around me . I was nervous because it  was my first time doing shot put. When it was my turn , my hands were shaking , my feet was moving and I was really nervous. I threw  it and it didn't really go far . I failed my first try , second try and my last try. But I still had next year to come.

The bell rang and I  was so happy . Sweat was coming down my face and I felt like I was put inside a hot volcano. We all came back to the courts to hear what we are going to do.
We all ate our lunch and went to go and sit under the shade.

To finish of athletics we went to do 100 meter race. I was really scared but I still gave it a try . I had to race first with five other girls . My heart was beating really fast.’’ On your marks, get set ,go’’ . I ran as fast as I can . Wind was blowing on to my face as I was running. After we had our 75 meter race I was happy because I came first and Josephine came second . Our next race  I had to race all the 7 girls that came first and second . Mr burt yelled  out ‘’go’’ but I  wasn't ready I ran fast and ended up coming forth.For my last race I came third so I didn't really make it into the finals. After we finish having our races we came back to the court to head back to class and that's how we finished our day for athletics.

No comments:

Post a Comment